Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New to the blogging world

So I am new to the wonderful world of blogging. I've been reading several other blogs for a while now. Matt and Maddy first hooked me. I started reading after seeing him on Oprah, and haven't been able to stop. I then was linked to several other blogs from his - and here I am. I'm not really sure how to start writing - nor am I sure that I have anything interesting enough for others to want to read. I guess perhaps I should introduce myself. I am Julie, a 22-almost-23 year old, married mom from Maryland. I live a fairly boring life. I've hardly been this person I am now for very long. Just over two years and three months ago, I met my husband. We were set up on a blind date. It was seriously love at first sight. I moved in within three weeks. Was pregnant the next month. All though it was extremely fast and unplanned, we and our families were very happy. But, as luck would have it, our baby died at 8 weeks. I felt lost, hopeless, let down by my body. I thought this would be my life - that I would never have a baby - something I always wanted. While I was in the hospital recovering from surgery due to complications wiht my miscarriage, David asked me to marry him. It was not very romantic, perhaps, in most eyes. There was no ring, no down-on-the-knee moment. It was just a "I don't wanna live without you" moment. (I did finally get a beautiful three stone, one carat diamond!) Four months later, we were married. That was in August 2007. Two weeks before Christmas, I found out we were expecting once again. I was a nervous wreck!! We waited a while to start telling people. We learned the first time that it's harder to "untell" everyone. We had our first ultrasound on New Years Eve. As the weeks went on, I had my fair share of problems, but the baby kept growing. His heart kept beating. He was still in there! It was the most amazing 9 months of my life. On August 15, five days shy of my due date, I gave birth to Cayden William at 7:42 PM. He was a healthy 7 pound 7 ounce 20 3/4 inch little boy. He had 10 fingers 10 toes. That will seriously always be the very best moment of my life. Here we are, almost 10 months later... it's amazing how quickly life goes by. There will be more to come - I'm learning how to do all this I have no idea how to include photos. I'm so confused :O!

No comments:

Post a Comment